New menu/toolbar action to create a copy of a character and all its companions. This is intended to make keeping a copy of a character at each level simple.
The process would be
1. Create a list of all companions
2. Request new file names for the master and all companions
3. For each loaded companion, update the master's file reference save the character in the new file name
4. For each unloaded companion
4a. Load the character (without loading into the UI)
4b. Update the master file reference
4c. Save the character to the new file
5. Update the master with the new file names of the companions
6. Save the master character in its new file.
7 All previosuly loaded character would now still be loaded but with their new file names (same as Save As)
If step 4 turns out to be expensive for higher level/larger numbers of companions it may be necessary to copy the text of the companion pcg file while updating the contained refeence to the master, thus avoiding the cost of loading the character.