Slow perfomance when outputting new dragon

Description

Background: The data team have recoded dragons to a much smaller number of races and with a much higher number of calculations.

I tried to consolidate Age based abilities into one ability to cut down on the number of PRExxx evaluations (Stat Increases, Size Increases, Abilities, etc.) And then Size based abilities, But I've found no significant improvement in performance.

LOG Generated during lag

Environment

None

Activity

Show:
James Dempsey
November 13, 2013, 4:48 PM

I've isolated the performance issue to a problem with skills with prereqs. Removing these brings the output phase down to a few seconds. I will now work out a way to accommodate these efficiently in the code.

PS: I've trimmed this issue down to a single report - one problem per report please - roll-up issues never get closed.

James Dempsey
November 14, 2013, 6:40 AM

I have made some optimizations and would be interested in how it has affected the performance for you.

  1. Cached skill list lookups as it is quite expensive with all the conditional skills

  2. Removed some setdirty calls that were unnecessary and causing excessive recalculations

Andrew Maitland
November 14, 2013, 8:57 AM

That is night and day difference there . 5 Seconds to refresh on the Summary Screen vs. 5+ minutes AND I'm getting all the correct information now! Character Sheet, 3 seconds on each sheet, as opposed to 10 to 20 minutes with incorrect and missing information.

This fix is amazing:
SUBRACE is displaying the correct information
NaturalAttacks are displaying again.

Andrew Maitland
November 14, 2013, 9:20 AM

DEFINES and VARs also working again! Best fix EVER!

Fixed

Assignee

James Dempsey

Reporter

Andrew Maitland

Labels

None

Theme

None

Epic/Theme

None

Pending User Input

None

Fix versions

Affects versions

Priority

Minor
Configure