PCgen, over a range of retained versions back to 6.05.01, and up to the latest overnight 6.07.02 has been working fine... but now I have accepted Microsoft's compulsory push of the "Creator's Update" - a major update of Win10.
Sadly, now all my versions of PCGen crash with the same error at start-up.
15:43:53.715 INFO main Main:145 Starting PCGen v6.05.01
15:43:53.778 INFO main LanguageBundle:131 Initialising language bundle with locale en_GB.
- A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
- EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000005e436adf, pid=8720, tid=0x00000000000025fc
- JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_121-b13) (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
- Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.121-b13 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
- Problematic frame:
- C [msvcr100.dll+0x36adf]
- Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
- An error report file with more information is saved as:
- If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
- The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
- See problematic frame for where to report the bug.