HTML output sheets dont show the character archetype anywhere. Not even the standard.htm shows the archetype. The PDF fantasy output sheets do. At minimum, the pathfinder style statblock should show the archetype.
This is the code right here:
<td colspan="1" class="h">|CLASSLIST|
<td colspan="1" class="h">|CLASSLIST|</td>
If you want to take the time to update the rest, feel free. Send me the patch and I'll apply it.
So I started working on propagating the changes, but I think I need to talk to you about the changes.
I've discovered that the formatting is not the same as on the PDF export when multiple class archetypes are used. For example, take the rokko sample and add 1 level of Rogue and two Rogue archetypes, Acrobat and Burglar. The PDF export shows the classes as "Cavalier (Beast Rider) 1, Rogue (Acrobat, Burglar) 1", which seems correct. The HTM export shows "Cavalier1 Rogue1 (Acrobat, Beast Rider, Burglar)".
Your sample was:
I changed (these used the CLASSLIST tag):
Not changed (these don't use CLASSLIST):
The ones that don't use the CLASSLIST tag need a different solution.
So I'm thinking of something like this:
But it's not quite right because it's showing the entire archetype list for each class. Can you help me with that part? If so, I'll make the changes to all the fantasy output sheets and test them.
Well, xslt is vastly different from htm - here is the code that does what you are seeing:
That was set up by Stefan aka Zaister. If there is a method to duplicate that in htm, then I'm not aware of it. But my knowledge of the outputsheet languages is limited to trial error and eventually getting it to happen.
I suppose including the base.xml helps complete the picture:
Yeah. I looked at that before posting. I also tried a bunch of things before posting as well. I want to work on HTML output sheets first. I may have to settle for the format "CLASS LEVEL[, CLASS LEVEL]... [(ARCHETYPE[, ARCHETYPE]...)]".
It seems the pcgen-test.org documentation for outputsheet tags isn't quite up to date. Several ability* tags don't work as expected when in output sheets. I'll keep playing with it.