Campaign History not printing on character sheet

Description

i have info entered in the 'Campaign History', 'Companions' and 'Character Sheet Notes' sections. The last two are showing on my character sheets, but even though all my Campaign Histories are selected, I can't figure out how to get them to show on my character sheet. Have tried with a variety of output sheets, including troubleshooting. Also had PapaDRB on Freenode's pcgen channel test and he couldn't get it to show. Currently the only 'workaround' we know is to have a copy of pcgen up while playing

Environment

Linux kaname 3.2.0-56-generic #86-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 23 09:20:45 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Win7 Pro, 64 bit

Activity

Show:
Heather-Lynne Van Wilde
December 16, 2013, 5:29 AM

Just a little more info, and possibly part of the core of the problem. I finally decided to get down and dirty in the output sheet coding (TXT portion, figuring I can make a file that is just the campaign chronicles), using the following code snippet:

FOR,%catcamp,0,COUNT[CAMPAIGNHISTORY.VISIBLE]-1,1,0

CAMPAIGNHISTORY.VISIBLE.%catcamp.ADVENTURE

CAMPAIGNHISTORY.VISIBLE.%catcamp.DATE

CAMPAIGNHISTORY.VISIBLE.%catcamp.PARTY

CAMPAIGNHISTORY.VISIBLE.%catcamp.TEXT

ENDFOR

Now, I understand I may not have coded properly, but after a lot more digging in the ref docs, I found that COUNT doesn't actually count CAMPAIGNHISTORY at all. I couldn't find any way for CAMPAIGNHISTORY to be counted to get a total number of filtered entries. The only way I can find is to set an arbitrary number to the FOR loop, like this:

FOR,%catcamp,0,100,1,1

It works, it wrote up the logs like I wanted them to, but it's still a bit dirty, and doesn't allow for over 100 logs (yes, I could put an insane number like 999999, but I'm not completely certain that the 'z' variable cleanly edits, or if it still tries to sort through the remaining numbers. I'm dropping the priority on this since there is a workaround, but I still think this is more a bug than a feature request.

Stefan Radermacher
December 16, 2013, 5:48 AM

The correct way to count is:

Heather-Lynne Van Wilde
December 16, 2013, 6:00 AM

Here's the best I've been able to come up with for a workaround. However, since I can't find a way to exit the FOR loop when there's no more data rows in the CAMPAIGNHISTORY token, the user has to manually edit the max value in the FOR statement, taking into account that it's a zero-based index (2 for 3, 7 for 8, etc.)

This works, it formats fairly well, but it's still pretty dirty coding, and definitely not of use to the average user. But it's at least a start.

Heather-Lynne Van Wilde
December 16, 2013, 6:05 AM

Okay. Scratch my last comment. The export command is working perfectly. Here's an updated version of my output sheet. Feel free to add it to the code base, modify, or whatever. I guess now that this has an easier workaround it's more of a feature request than a bug (getting pdf/html based versions of this and/or adding it to the actual character sheet).

Andrew Maitland
June 17, 2014, 9:56 PM

Included both the supplied sheet and added the backgrounds to the plain text.

Cheers,

Fixed

Assignee

Andrew Maitland

Reporter

Heather-Lynne Van Wilde

Epic/Theme

None

Pending User Input

None

Fix versions

Affects versions

Priority

Trivial