Something that has been on the backlog for many years is updating our FOP library to a modern version.This has just been done and we have moved from FOP 0.20, which is now over 10 years old, to the more current version of 1.0. (I didn;t use 1,1 as it had a bug in interacting with the print preview dialog).
This more recent version of FOP is a bit stricter in the syntax and has some different behaviour, which means each of our xslt sheets will need to be updated. I'm expecting it is mainly the master sheets that will need amending rather than the colour and alternate layout ones though.
I've done some work to get the fantasy_master_std.xslt producing output in the new version, and found the following things needed to be addressed:
Table rows cannot be empty, they much contain at least one table cell (location reported)
Each table row cannot contain more cells than the table has columns (where the columns are defined). (not reported sadly, so need to use xsl:message to isolate the location).
Block formatting can be different, so some text is not wrapped that used to
Some borders are missing next to headers.
Another example: Animal Companion in fantasy_master_std.xslt missing entire attack row and Special/Tricks are not wrapping.
An issue I see from pre-update that still remains, Tricks label left aligned while the rest are centered.
All fantasy sheets now export, but will have some formatting tweaks still required.
Still to go for the basic conversion is csheet_modern_std.xslt
All sheets now produce output. Further tidying up will be done under